- đô đốc (admiral)
- giám đốc (manager, director)
- quản đốc (manager, supervisor)
- tổng đốc (provincial chief)
- Cơ đốc (variant of Cơ Đốc, meaning Christ)
- ^ Tuttle Compact Vietnamese-English Dictionary 9780804838719 p116 lists the individual meanings "headmaster, chief, doctor" for đốc 2n. before the compound nouns. However in practice đốc is rarely used as a stand-alone noun, and the correct Vietnamese for those terms is hiệu trưởng, giám đốc, and bác sĩ, respectively.
Last modified on 11 November 2012, at 18:48