From the Hebrew לוי "Levi"
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /le͜ʊ.i͜ìs/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /lɛwíːs/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /leβís/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /levís/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /levís/
Λευὶς (genitive Λευί) m, (Leuīs)
|Case / #||Singular|
The uninflected form Λευί is generally used in the LXX, while the inflected form is preferred in the New Testament. However, note that the LXX puts no accentuation on Λευί, as is the case with many proper nouns.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language