From Sanskrit प्रकृति
ప్రకృతి • (prakr̥ti) f
- the original or natural form of anything, natural condition or state, original or primary substance.
- cause, origin, source.
- nature, character, constitution, disposition, temper, temperament.
- nature, (as opp. to Purusha or Spirit) the creation, universe.
- (mathematics) a coefficient, multiplier.
- the common people (collectively).
- (grammar) the crude elementary or radical form of a word, a primitive word root, radix, radical, etymon.
- a metre having 21 syllables per line of verse.