Last modified on 28 December 2012, at 18:17
↑Jump back a section
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /izra͜a.ɛ͜ɛ́l/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /izraːéːl/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /izraíl/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /izraíl/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /izɾaíl/
Ἰσραήλ (Indeclinable); m, (Isrāēl)
- Israel, a name given to the Jewish patriarch Jacob.
- Israel, the descendents of Jacob which formed a nation.
- the term is also often applied to the Christian community in the NT, the "New Israel."
|Case / #||Singular|
The personal name rarely takes a definite article.
- Greek: Ισραήλ