|simpl. and trad.|
- 109 - 91 BCE: Sima Qian, Records of the Grand Historian, "The Biography of the Marquess of Huai Yin"
- 上常從容與信言諸將能不，各有差。上問曰：「如我能將幾何？」信曰：「陛下不過能將十萬。」上曰：「於君何如？」曰：「臣多多而益善耳。」 (trad.)
- 上常从容与信言诸将能不，各有差。 上问曰：「如我能将几何？」 信曰：「陛下不过能将十万。」 上曰：「于君何如？」 曰：「臣多多而益善耳。」 (simp.)
- His majesty chatted with Han Xin about the capabilities of the generals. Each had their shortcomings. His majesty asked, "How many troops could I lead?" Han Xin replied, "Your highness should not lead more than 100,000." His majesty said, "And what about you?" "For your humble servant, the more the merrier!" said Han Xin.
- This quote lead to the famous saying: trad. 韓信點兵，多多益善, simpl. 韩信点兵，多多益善 (Han Xin counts his troops, the more the merrier).
多多益善 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin)
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages