|Kanji in this term|
|おお||かしら > がしら|
大頭 (hiragana おおがしら, romaji ōgashira)
- (usually written with hiragana only) big head; person with a large head.
- decorative black flagpole tassel made from the hair of a yak’s tail, horse’s tail, ox tail, etc., or from hemp.
- leader of a group.
- (ornithology) puffbird (Bucconidae).
- (sports) the first makushita rikishi listed in the sumo banzuke.
大頭 (traditional, Pinyin dàtóu, simplified 大头)
- big head
- Part of a well-known nursery rhyme. A child might use jingle this to make fun of another child with an unusually large head.