|simpl. and trad.|
Subordinate to the Minister of Ceremonies, the Court Astronomer made astronomical observations and drafted the annual lunisolar calendar. The Court Astronomer also upheld a literacy test of 9,000 characters for nominees aspiring to become subordinate officials for either the Minister Steward or Palace Assistant Imperial Clerk.
太史 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin tàishǐ)
- (archaic) Court Astronomer
太史 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin Tàishǐ)
- Chinese surname: Taishi
- 太史 on the Mandarin Wikipedia.zh.Wikipedia
- Government of the Han Dynasty#Minister of Ceremonies on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Government of the Han Dynasty#Minister of Ceremonies
- "太史令" (in Mandarin), Guoyu Cidian On-line Mandarin Dictionary (國語辭典). URL accessed on 2011-02-07.
- 2007, Hanyu Da Cidian 3.0 (in Mandarin), Hong Kong: Commercial Press, ISBN 9789620702778:
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language