|as (if); such as||
idea; meaning; wish; desire; (abbr.) Italy
|simp. and trad.
Literally “according to [one's] wishes”.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): jyu4 ji3
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): yì-yi
- Min Nan (POJ): jî-ì / jû-ì / lû-ì
- Min Nan
- satisfactory; according to one's wishes
- An auspicious decorative object associated with Chinese Buddhist ritual that was made from bone or jade, with a cloud-shaped or lingzhi-shaped head and a slightly curved handle; the production and use of such objects declined following the Tang Dynasty.