涯 (radical 85 水+8, 11 strokes, cangjie input 水一土土 (EMGG), four-corner 31114)
- shore, bank, water's edge
- KangXi: page 627, character 38
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 17582
- Dae Jaweon: page 1029, character 24
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 1643, character 7
- Unihan data for U+6DAF
涯 (Yale ngaai4)
By extension from verb 果てる (hateru, “to be at an end, to finish, to be done”).
The hate reading for 涯 is rare, and is not listed in all dictionaries.
Korean↑Jump back a section
Last modified on 19 March 2013, at 05:52