|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: 1||Grade: 3|
- A (guardian) dog spirit; a attendant/familiar spirit: In Japanese mythology an inugami (lit. a "dog spirit,") is a type of shikigami (式神), similar to a familiar spirit, resembling, and usually originating from, a dog, and most commonly carrying out vengeance or acting as guardians on behalf of their 'owner'.
犬神 (hiragana いぬかみ, romaji inukami)
- 犬神 on the Japanese Wikipedia.ja.Wikipedia
- Inugami on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Inugami
- Church Grim on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Church Grim (England)
- 魔犬 (まけん, maken): a devil, demon or phantom dog: either a hellhound; or a 守護神 (しゅごしん, shugoshin): a kind of tutelary or guardian deity.
- 式神 (しきかみ, shikigami): a kind of familiar spirit, summoned-up in service as a servant to the will of a practitioner of onmyōdō; very much like a western familiar.