Exists as a traditional Chinese character, but not generally used in Chinese in isolation. In Japanese, used as simplification of 縣.
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 803, character 15
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 23210
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2478, character 4
- Unihan data for U+770C
- a historical administrative district
- the countryside
- a type of administrative district, including 43 of the 47 prefectures of modern day Japan, Chinese counties, French departments, etc.
- 都道府県 (todōfuken, “political subdivisions of Japan”)
- A surname.
県 (hyeon) (hangeul 현, revised hyeon, McCune-Reischauer hyŏn, Yale hyen)
- This entry needs a definition. Please add one, then remove