県 (radical 109 目+4, 9 strokes, cangjie input 月山女火 (BUVF))
Exists as a traditional Chinese character, but not generally used in Chinese in isolation. In Japanese, used as simplification of 縣.
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 803, character 15
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 23210
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2478, character 4
- Unihan data for U+770C
県 (hiragana あがた, romaji agata)
- a historical administrative district
- the countryside
- a type of administrative district, including 43 of the 47 prefectures of modern day Japan, Chinese counties, French departments, etc.
- 都道府県 (とどうふけん, todōfuken, “ political subdivisions of Japan ”)
県 (hiragana あがた, romaji Agata)
- A surname.