Last modified on 22 October 2012, at 12:39
↑Jump back a section
From Latin -īre.
- There are two groups of regular -ire verbs, one of which inserts isc between the stem and ending in the present tenses and in the imperative. these form the great majority of regular -ire verbs
- See finire and dormire as examples of the conjugation of -ire verbs do and do not insert isc respectively
- -ire verbs that do not insert isc
- -ire verbs that can be used with or without insertion of isc
- Irregular -ire verbs
- Italian Grammar Handbook, Aust, D., 1994, Berlitz Publishing Co., Ltd.