15 minutes of fame
- 1968: Andy Warhol, in a catalogue of an exhibition of his art in Stockholm
- In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.
- (idiomatic) A very short time in the spotlight or brief flurry with fame, after which the person or subject involved is quickly forgotten.
- The barbershop quartet Homer put together had its 15 minutes of fame before fans simply lost interest.
- famous for fifteen minutes
fifteen minutes of fame
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language