See also: abc
- (noun): absey
- ABC (B), a Belgian car market.
- (business management) activity-based costing.
- African Basketball Confederation.
- (emergency medicine) Airway, breathing, and circulation.
- Alcoholic beverage control.
- (aviation) Advance Booking Charter
- already been chewed, as in chewing gum.
- American Book Center.
- American-born Chinese.
- American Broadcasting Company.
- (medicine) Antigen binding capacity.
- anything but Chardonnay: a backlash against Chardonnay wine, seen as ubiquitous.
- (Japan) Asahi Broadcasting Corporation.
- Atlanta, Birmingham & Coast Railroad.
- atomic, biological, and chemical.
- Aural brevity code.
- Australian-born Chinese.
- (obsolete) Australian Broadcasting Commission. .
- (obsolete) Australian Broadcasting Company. 
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation. [From July 1983]
- (geography) Santo André, São Bernardo do Campo and São Caetano do Sul, satellite cities around the city of São Paulo that form the most important industrial area in Brazil.
- ABC Islands
- (atomic, biological, chemical): NBC
- (American-born Chinese): CBC
- (American Broadcasting Company): NBC, CBS, PBS, NPR
The first three letters of the Latin alphabet, standing for the whole alphabet
Audio (US) (file)
ABC (plural ABCs)
- (US, usually plural only, uncountable) The alphabet. [First attested from around (1150 to 1350).]
- Do you know your ABCs?
- (obsolete, poetry) A type of poem in which the lines start with the letters of the alphabet in order. [Attested from around (1350 to 1470) until the mid 17th century.]
- (obsolete) A primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading. [Attested from around (1350 to 1470) until the mid 17th century.]
- The fundamentals of any subject. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- the ABC of finance
- (UK, rail transport) A British alphabetized guidebook for trains and their stations.
obsolete: primer for learning the alphabet
Naming an alphabet after the initial letters is common; compare:
- Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , ISBN 978-0-19-860575-7), page 3
- ABC (a primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading; the rudiments of any subject)
Inflection of ABC