See also abc
- (noun): absey
- ABC (B), a Belgian car market.
- (business management) activity-based costing.
- African Basketball Confederation.
- (emergency medicine) Airway, breathing, and circulation.
- Alcoholic beverage control.
- already been chewed, as in chewing gum.
- American Book Center.
- American-born Chinese.
- American Broadcasting Company.
- (medicine) Antigen binding capacity.
- anything but Chardonnay: a backlash against Chardonnay wine, seen as ubiquitous.
- (Japan) Asahi Broadcasting Corporation.
- Atlanta, Birmingham & Coast Railroad.
- atomic, biological, and chemical.
- Aural brevity code.
- Australian-born Chinese.
- (obsolete) Australian Broadcasting Commission. .
- (obsolete) Australian Broadcasting Company. 
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation. [From July 1983]
- (Brazil) An acrostic for Santo André, São Bernardo do Campo and São Caetano do Sul, satellite cities around the city of São Paulo that form the most important industrial area in the country.
- ABC Islands
- (atomic, biological, chemical): NBC
- (American-born Chinese): CBC
- (American Broadcasting Company): NBC, CBS, PBS, NPR
The first three letters of the Latin alphabet, standing for the whole alphabet
Audio (US) (file)
ABC (plural ABCs)
- (US, usually plural only, uncountable) The alphabet. [First attested from around (1150 to 1350).]
- Do you know your ABCs?
- (obsolete, poetry) A type of poem in which the lines start with the letters of the alphabet in order. [Attested from around (1350 to 1470) until the mid 17th century.]
- (obsolete) A primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading. [Attested from around (1350 to 1470) until the mid 17th century.]
- The fundamentals of any subject. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- the ABC of finance
- (UK, rail transport) A British alphabetized guidebook for trains and their stations.
obsolete: primer for learning the alphabet
Naming an alphabet after the initial letters is common; compare:
- 2003 , Brown, Lesley editor, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, edition 5th, Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-19-860575-7, page 3:
- IPA: /abeseː/, [æb̥eˈseːˀ]
- ABC (a primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading; the rudiments of any subject)
Inflection of ABC