Last modified on 10 February 2014, at 23:31
A to Z (plural A to Zs)
- (UK) Any of a set of street maps of most British towns and cities; properly the Geographer's A–Z Street Atlas
- I always keep a small set of A to Zs in the car.
- (uncountable) All facts related to a subject
1994, Theresa Funiciello, Tyranny of Kindness, ISBN 0871135787, page 61:
- They arrived laden with government reports, books, and assorted papers on the A to Z of welfare […]
- (often in titles) An encyclopedic or comprehensive guide.
- The A to Z of Typesetting
A to Z (not comparable)
- Alphabetical order; lexical order
- The listings run A to Z.
- From beginning to the end.
- Over the entirety; completely.
- ^ Brown, Lesley (2003)
- Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , ISBN 978-0-19-860575-7), page 1