From Latin aeolicus, from Ancient Greek αἰολικός (aiolikós) or Αἰολικός (Aiolikós, “like the Aeolians”).
- An ancient Greek dialect spoken in Boeotia and the island of Lesbos.
Aeolic (not comparable)
- Of the Anatolian region Aeolis, Aeolia.
- (Greek mythology) Of Aeolus, the Ancient Greek god of the wind.
- Of, finding its or their origin in, or borne on winds; aerial.
- (geology) Owing its creation, formation, or deposition chiefly to the effects of air currents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6  (Oxford English Dictionary, second edition, 1989)