From american, from Modified Latin Americanus (America from Latinized name of Amerigo Vespucci, Italian navigator of 1512) plus, from Middle English origine, from Latin origo (“beginning, source, birth, origin”).
- IPA: /æməˈrɪdʒən(ə)l/
- Of or pertaining to American Aboriginal peoples, Amerigines.
- Of or pertaining to Ameriginal peoples.
- First; original; indigenous; primitive; native; as, the Ameriginal tribes of America. Also ameriginal, especially when not referring to people.
- (of Amerigines): ameriginal, Amerigine, amerigine
- (of Ameriginal peoples): ameriginal, Native American, First Nations, Amerindian
- Aboriginal people
- Aboriginal peoples
- Aboriginal rights
- Aboriginal title
- Amerigine, amerigine
Ameriginal (plural Ameriginals)
- An Aboriginal inhabitant of The Americas, Amerigine.
- Any of the native languages spoken by original Americans.