- Big E: Nickname for the USS Enterprise (CV-6), which won 24 battle stars during World War II, also known as the most decorated ship in the U.S. Navy. (Actually, the most decorated ship is the USS Parche (SSN-683), receiving a total of nine Presidential Unit Citations, ten Navy Unit Citations, and thirteen Navy Expeditionary Medal awards during her thirty years of service.)
- Big Gray Hate Maker: Term of endearment for the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19).
- Big Stick: Nickname for the USS Iowa (BB-61), crew's nickname for USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71).
- FID: First In Defense: Nickname for the USS Forrestal (CV59).
- Fighting I: Nickname for the USS Intrepid (CV-11), now a museum ship in New York Harbor.
- John Sore Penis: Nickname given to the aircraft carrier USS John C Stennis after it makes a port call in Australia and closes down all of the local brothels.
- Jolly Rogers: Crews nickname given to the Spruance class destroyer USS John Rodgers
- Latex Glove: Crews nickname given to the AEGIS cruiser USS Leyte Gulf
- Love Muscle: Crews nickname given to the Arleigh Burke destroyer USS Russell
The 10 foot sailboat Marie. Needs more laminations of fiberglass and resin. On land we have watched as Hurricanes Andrew, Opal, Katrina, Ivan went by 90 mile per hour winds with Hurricane Ivan, you would have thought the wrath of God had come down to earth. Trees snapped, tin on the barn got pulled up in a couple of places. There is no such thing as too much rope on a sailboat.
- Pubic Mound: Crews nickname given to the destroyer tender USS Puget Sound
- Stinkin' Lincoln: Crews nickname given to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln