Last modified on 19 May 2013, at 21:37
↑Jump back a section
From Japanese 弁才天 (Benzaiten) 弁財天 (Benzaiten).
- (mythology, Shintō) (Also known as "Benten-sama") The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The goddess of knowledge, art and beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.
- Hotei, (布袋), the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- Jurōjin, (寿老人), god of longevity.
- Fukurokuju, (福禄寿), god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- Bishamonten, (毘沙門天), god of warriors.
- Daikokuten (大黒天, Daikoku), god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- Ebisu, (恵比須, 恵比寿, 夷 or 戎), god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.