Last modified on 7 October 2013, at 07:47
Bush + -ism, after American presidents George W. Bush (1946–) and George H. W. Bush (1924–).
Bushism (countable and uncountable, plural Bushisms)
- (uncountable) The political philosophy associated with either of the US presidents George W. Bush and George H. W. Bush.
- 1999 October 7, New York Times,
- But to get to the essence of Bushism, it's helpful to go to another and more unusual book, All the Best, George Bush, a collection of letters written by George Bush the elder.
- (countable) A turn of phrase spoken by President George W. Bush that is unintentionally comical due to grammatical errors, malapropisms, etc.
- Russian: бушизм m (bušízm)