- "chief X officer", including chief executive officer, chief financial officer, chief technical officer, chief technology officer, chief information officer, etc.
- A chief experience officer (CXO) is the officer responsible for the overall user experience (UX) of an organization. This executive is ultimately responsible for the strategy behind and user interface design of the organization's products and services, and may further oversee marketing communications, community relations, internal relations, HR relations, investor relations, and other interactions between the organization and its various audiences.
- ^ Asaravala, Amit (February 2001), "In Search of The Chief Experience", New Architect. URL accessed on 13 January 2013.Template:verify credibility
- ^ LaBanca, Ed (3 April 2006), "CXO: Chief Experience Officer: Does Your Organization Have One?", TMCnet. URL accessed on 13 January 2013.
- ^ Rayport, Jeffrey F. (4 March 2005), "Who Knows The Customer Best?", InformationWeek. URL accessed on 13 January 2013.
- ^ Shah, Dharmesh (15 November 2011), "The CEO Should Be The Chief Experience Officer", OnStartups. URL accessed on 13 January 2013.