See also: carinatae
- (dated) A taxonomic subclass within the class Aves — Birds having a pronounced keel-like sternum, to which muscles used in flight attach.
- A taxonomic clade within the class Aves — Birds descended from a certain common ancestral type of bird, possibly having a keel-like sternum and other bone-structure characteristics.
- Bird lineage remains particularly unsettled, so the definition and relationships of Carinatae is subject to revision and the name may become disused.
- (subclass): Animalia - kingdom; Chordata - phylum; Aves - class; Saurornithes - informal group; Ornithothoraces, Ornithurae - clades
- Carinatae on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Carinatae on Wikispecies. Wikispecies
- [https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=Carinatae%2CNeoaves%2CNeognathae&year_start=1920&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2CCarinatae%3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2CNeoaves%3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2CNeognathae%3B%2Cc0 Google N-gram for Carinatae, Neoaves, and Neognathae.