» Elfdalian language » Parts of speech
Elfdalian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Elfdalian adjectives: Elfdalian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Elfdalian adverbs: Elfdalian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Elfdalian articles: Elfdalian terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Elfdalian conjunctions: Elfdalian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Elfdalian determiners: Elfdalian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Elfdalian nouns: Elfdalian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Elfdalian numerals: Elfdalian terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:dlc:Cardinal numbers and Category:dlc:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Elfdalian prepositions: Elfdalian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Elfdalian pronouns: Elfdalian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Elfdalian verbs: Elfdalian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.