» French language » Etymologies
This category contains French etymologies: French terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:French apocopic forms: French words that underwent apocope, thus their origin involved a loss or omission of a sound or syllable from their end.
- Category:French blends: French words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:French compound words: French words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:French calques: French terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:French reduplications: French terms that underwent reduplication, so their origin involved a repetition of roots or stems.
- Category:French neologisms: French terms that have been only recently acknowledged.
- Category:French eponyms: French terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
Last modified on 1 April 2013, at 22:01
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.