» Hausa language » Parts of speech
Hausa terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Hausa adverbs: Hausa terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Hausa conjunctions: Hausa terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Hausa determiners: Hausa terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Hausa interjections: Hausa terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Hausa nouns: Hausa terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Hausa numerals: Hausa terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:ha:Cardinal numbers and Category:ha:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Hausa verbs: Hausa terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.