Category:Latvian parts of speech
» Latvian language » Parts of speech
This category contains Latvian parts of speech: Latvian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Latvian adjectives: Latvian words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Latvian adverbs: Latvian words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Latvian conjunctions: Latvian words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Latvian determiners: Latvian words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Latvian interjections: Latvian words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Latvian nouns: Latvian words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Latvian numerals: Latvian words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Latvian particles: Latvian words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Latvian prepositions: Latvian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Latvian pronouns: Latvian words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Latvian verbs: Latvian words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
Last modified on 30 March 2013, at 18:36
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.