» Maltese language » Parts of speech
Maltese terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Maltese adjectives: Maltese terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Maltese adverbs: Maltese terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Maltese articles: Maltese terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Maltese conjunctions: Maltese terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Maltese determiners: Maltese terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Maltese interjections: Maltese terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Maltese nouns: Maltese terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Maltese numerals: Maltese terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:mt:Cardinal numbers and Category:mt:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Maltese prepositions: Maltese adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Maltese pronouns: Maltese terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Maltese verbs: Maltese terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.