» Manx language » Parts of speech
Manx terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Manx adjectives: Manx terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Manx adverbs: Manx terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Manx articles: Manx terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Manx conjunctions: Manx terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Manx determiners: Manx terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Manx interjections: Manx terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Manx nouns: Manx terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Manx numerals: Manx terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:gv:Cardinal numbers and Category:gv:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Manx particles: Manx terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Manx prepositions: Manx adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Manx pronouns: Manx terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Manx verbs: Manx terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.