Category:Manx parts of speech
» Manx language » Parts of speech
This category contains Manx parts of speech: Manx terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Manx adjectives: Manx words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Manx adverbs: Manx words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Manx articles: Manx words that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Manx conjunctions: Manx words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Manx determiners: Manx words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Manx interjections: Manx words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Manx nouns: Manx words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Manx numerals: Manx words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Manx particles: Manx words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Manx prepositions: Manx adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Manx pronouns: Manx words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Manx verbs: Manx words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
Last modified on 30 March 2013, at 17:33
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.