» Navajo language » Parts of speech
Navajo terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Navajo adjectives: Navajo words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Navajo adverbs: Navajo words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Navajo conjunctions: Navajo words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Navajo determiners: Navajo words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Navajo interjections: Navajo words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Navajo nouns: Navajo words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Navajo numerals: Navajo words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Navajo particles: Navajo words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Navajo postpositions: Navajo adpositions that are placed after their objects.
- Category:Navajo pronouns: Navajo words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Navajo verbs: Navajo words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.