Last modified on 16 October 2013, at 13:10
» Navajo language » Parts of speech
Navajo terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Navajo adjectives: Navajo terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Navajo adverbs: Navajo terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Navajo conjunctions: Navajo terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Navajo determiners: Navajo terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Navajo interjections: Navajo terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Navajo nouns: Navajo terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Navajo numerals: Navajo terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Navajo particles: Navajo terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Navajo postpositions: Navajo adpositions that are placed after their objects.
- Category:Navajo pronouns: Navajo terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Navajo verbs: Navajo terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.