Proto-Semitic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Semitic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Semitic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Semitic.
- Category:sem-pro:All topics: Proto-Semitic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Semitic morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Semitic words.
- Category:Proto-Semitic parts of speech: Proto-Semitic terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Semitic etymologies: Proto-Semitic terms categorized by their origins.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Semitic: Words derived from Proto-Semitic in various languages.
- Category:Proto-Semitic templates: Proto-Semitic templates with predefined content for similar functions.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Semitic language"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language