Proto-Semitic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Semitic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Semitic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Semitic.
- Category:Proto-Semitic lemmas: Proto-Semitic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Semitic morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Semitic words.
- Category:Proto-Semitic etymologies: Proto-Semitic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Semitic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Semitic in various specific languages.
- Category:sem-pro:All topics: Proto-Semitic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Semitic templates: Proto-Semitic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Semitic language"
This category contains only the following page.