» Proto-Semitic language » Parts of speech
Proto-Semitic terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Semitic adjectives: Proto-Semitic terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Proto-Semitic determiners: Proto-Semitic terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Proto-Semitic interjections: Proto-Semitic terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Proto-Semitic nouns: Proto-Semitic terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Proto-Semitic numerals: Proto-Semitic terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:sem-pro:Cardinal numbers and Category:sem-pro:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Proto-Semitic verbs: Proto-Semitic terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.