» Swahili language » Lexicons
Swahili terms categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Swahili alternative forms: Swahili terms that serve as alternative forms of other terms whose meaning is the same, such as by having different spellings or pronunciations.
- Category:Swahili colloquialisms: Swahili terms that are likely to be used primarily in casual conversation rather than in more formal written works, speeches, and discourse.
- Category:Swahili historical terms: Swahili terms that refer to things or concepts mainly known for their historical value.
- Category:Swahili terms with obsolete senses: Swahili terms that are no longer in current use, but found in older texts.
- Category:Swahili pejoratives: Swahili terms with negative connotations.
- Category:Swahili terms with rare senses: Swahili rarely used terms or terms with rarely used senses.
- Category:Swahili slang: Swahili nonstandard terms that are typically used to mark membership in a cultural subgroup.
- Category:Swahili vulgarities: Swahili terms whose tone (rather than the meaning) is offensive to polite company.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.