» Thai language » Parts of speech
Thai terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Thai adjectives: Thai words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Thai adverbs: Thai words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Thai classifiers: Thai words that classify nouns according to their meanings.
- Category:Thai conjunctions: Thai words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Thai determiners: Thai words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Thai interjections: Thai words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Thai nouns: Thai words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Thai particles: Thai words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Thai prepositions: Thai adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Thai pronouns: Thai words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Thai verbs: Thai words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.