» Thai language » Parts of speech
Thai terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Thai adjectives: Thai terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Thai adverbs: Thai terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Thai classifiers: Thai terms that classify nouns according to their meanings.
- Category:Thai conjunctions: Thai terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Thai determiners: Thai terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Thai interjections: Thai terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Thai nouns: Thai terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Thai particles: Thai terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Thai prepositions: Thai adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Thai pronouns: Thai terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Thai verbs: Thai terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Read in another language
This page is available in 7 languages