English citations of I'd've
Last modified on 16 November 2010, at 13:57
- 1876, Charles Heber Clark, Elbow-room: A Novel Without a Plot, page 370
- If they had loved knowledge, they wouldn’t’ve cared if I’d’ve ripped off their old steeple and dropped it down like an extinguisher on top of some factory chimney.
- 1898, Finley Peter Dunne, Mr. Dooley in Peace and in War, page 163
- I suppose he desarved it; but, if I’d been on th’ jury, I’d’ve starved to death befure I’d give th’ verdict.
- 1990, Joel & Ethan Coen, Miller's Crossing, Tom Reagan
- If I'd known we were gonna cast our feelings into words, I'd've memorized the Song of Solomon.
- 1997, Susan Isaacs, Lily White, page 64
- All the names he uses, I get mixed up, even though the last time he tested me I only got one wrong. If I’d’ve used Dan, they wouldn’t have traced the car back to the apartment.
- 1998, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, page 251
- "We can't," said Ron gloomily. "We keep all our old subjects, or I'd've ditched Defense Against the Dark Arts."