Last modified on 13 April 2012, at 15:40
↑Jump back a section
English citations of bluenette
Noun: "(slang) a person with blue hair"
|1995 1997 1998 2000||2006|
|15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1995 — 10 April, John Prenis, “2 Cutes on a Skyfish”, rec.arts.anime, Usenet:
- The bluenette is wearing lingerie, the redhead is wearing fantasy armor.
- 1997 — 18 October, Tuxedo Johnathan [username], “Re: Sailormoon role in the Live- action Movie”, alt.fan.sailor-moon, Usenet:
- (However, I can understand changing Amy/Ami from a bluenette to a brunette, just because blue hair doesn't look natural on anyone else...And (if they do the outers) Michiru and Setsuna's hair are gonna need to be changed.. turquoise and green hair might look great in Anime, but in live action..<shudder>)
- 1998 — 19 November, Alan "A. J." Franzman, “Re: I know more about the simpsons”, alt.tv.simpsons, Usenet:
- I don't know about the ring size, but she's [Marge Simpson] obviously a bluenette.
- 2000 — Charles J. Vadun, Dimension Zero, Writers Club Press (2000), ISBN 0595136117, pages 116-117:
- Just then, a copper-colored convertible pulled in front of the coupe, its driver's long cobalt hair flowing in the breeze.
- Arnie squinted at the monitor. "The one behind the bluenette?"
- 2000 — B. Werde, "The Love", CMJ New Music Monthly, November 2000:
- A girl with pale blue hair and a translucent dress wears see-through underwear (she's not a natural bluenette).
- 2006 — Michael Serros, Honey Blonde Chica, Simon Pulse (2006), ISBN 9781416915911, page 38:
- "Oh, look at you. Raquel mentioned that you colored your hair. You're a bluenette! Very creative."