Wikipedia E number (plural E numbers)
- Any of a range of European abbreviations for food additives used on labels.
- The E number E100 represents turmeric.
- (UK, Ireland, informal) Any such additive, often regarded as undesirable.
- 2003, Deirdre Brennan, Maighread Medbh, Nuala Ni Chonchuir, Divas!
- I finger Padre Pio paperweights and Our Lady of Knock sticks of rock that are packed with more e-numbers than could be safe at one sitting.
- 2007, Anne Enright, The Gathering
- ...how long it took corpses to go off these days, because everyone was so full of E-numbers and preservatives.
Last modified on 18 September 2009, at 04:23