Last modified on 9 October 2013, at 16:33
Erasmian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Erasmus (Catholic priest and theologian).
- 1985, Lucien Febvre, The problem of unbelief in the sixteenth century: the religion of Rabelais, ISBN 9780674708266, page 286:
- It was not, as Juan de Valdes very clearly attests, repugnant to an Erasmian Evangelical, even if he otherwise admired Luther.
of or pertaining to Erasmus
Erasmian (plural Erasmians)
- A follower of Erasmus.
- 1992, Leopoldo Zea, Amy Oliver, The role of the Americas in history, ISBN 9780847677214, page 220:
- The spirit of the Spanish Erasmians was in fact different from the spirit that inspired Erasmus and his followers in the rest of Western Europe.