- Used to accept a bet, and at the same time raise the stakes.
- I'll see your five and raise you ten.
- I'll see your bet and raise you one thousand.
- I'll see your $20 and raise you $200.
- More generally, used when someone produces or reveals something. One says this to announce they will answer by producing or revealing something of their own.
- I'll see your defective gallbladder and raise you one heart murmur and a kidney stone.
- Well, sir, I'll see your four months in Vietnam and raise you the twenty years I spent serving as an Air Force pilot flying in conflicts as far-ranging as Grenada, Somalia, Bosnia, and Haiti.
- I'll see your gigabyte and raise you a terabyte.
- often used with two direct objects; see the examples above.