See also: mett
Mett n (genitive Metts, no plural)
- (regional, northern and central Germany) minced meat
- (more widely used) such meat, seasoned and eaten raw, usually on bread (a popular snack in Germany)
- The word is often synonymous with Hackfleisch in northern and central Germany. However, Mett is normally used only for pork (occasionally beef), and often for kinds with a relatively high fat content.
- Hackfleisch is not applicable for sense 2.
- (minced meat): Hackfleisch
- Mett in Duden online