Earliest Usenet uses via Google Groups:
- l10n: comp.lang.c - 30 Aug 1990 by Dominic Dunlop
- This process is called localization. (The abbreviation "l10n" is not widely used.)
- L10N: comp.std.internat - 3 Sep 1991 by Erik M. van der Poel
- (subject line) Subject: I18N & L10N
- You have completely misunderstood L10N (localization) and I18N (internationalization). L10N and I18N necessarily go hand in hand. They are a pair.
— Hippietrail 11:10, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC)Last modified on 7 November 2005, at 12:24