Last modified on 23 May 2011, at 17:51


Return to "amperage" page.

There is no such thing as "amperage". The correct term is "electrical current" or in the right context, simply "current". Electrical current is measured in amperes, and although Volts measure voltage, amperes or amps measure current. Titaniumlegs 16:36, 23 May 2011 (UTC)

I think you have a misconception about what Wiktionary is. As long as enough people use a word, we will include it because people may want to know what it means. As you can see here, there are plenty of citations for this word.
There is a {{nonstandard}} template, but its use is reserved for word senses and constructions that most native speakers of a language consider wrong/ungrammatical (admittedly a bit arbitrary, used for things like "we is").—Internoob (DiscCont) 17:51, 23 May 2011 (UTC)