This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so. See Wiktionary’s criteria for inclusion.
Not in my Latin dictionary. SemperBlotto 06:38, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- I think it may be Late Latin, and Muke thought it was from Greek from metaplasmós "reforming", anyhow...
- metaplasmus est transformatio quaedam recti solutique sermonis in alteram speciem metri ornatusve causa from this book
- Dicitur autem metaplasmus, quasi transformado, vel deformado, eo quod quasi a jure suo from this one
- also I have seen it in a few etymologies for metaplasm Dictionary.com and Webster's 1913 among them. - TheDaveRoss 06:45, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- Not in my Latin dictionary either, but rfvpassed.Andrew massyn 12:41, 18 November 2006 (UTC)