The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for verification.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, though feel free to discuss its conclusions.
English sense - midnight. Really? SemperBlotto 08:33, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Probably made up, the edit summary said "nove is a new synonym for midnight". Mglovesfun (talk) 14:35, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- I made up that word two months ago because there was no good, shorter synonym for midnight, like noon is a synonym for midday. You see, I named that term after the Latin word for new, because 12:00am is the moment of time when a new calendar day begins. BlueEarth 22:51, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Right, deleted. Mglovesfun (talk) 22:55, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Well hopefully, the proper synonym for midnight will eventually be coined. Meanwhile, I have nove on my wiki-site. BlueEarth 23:02, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Coin away! Just don't do it in our main namespace. Mglovesfun (talk) 09:32, 10 January 2012 (UTC)