Earliest Google uses via Google Groups
- plus: fa.human-nets - May 9 1981, 0957-EDT by Hank Walker
- So this seems to be a case where I can get by, plus handle situations that others can't.
- pluses: fa.works - Aug 31 1981, 1214-PDT by Rubin at SRI-KL
- Still, I think this PC has more pluses than minuses, compared to Apples, TRS-80s, Xerox 820s, ad triviatum.
- plus's (noun, plural): fa.info-terms - Oct 29 1981, 1:52 am by ucbvax
- Hp-2621: Man plus's and minus's for this:
- plusses: net.space - Sep 15 1982, 10:39 pm by S...
- A moon-based reactor has all kinds of plusses going for it.
- plussed: net.games.hack - Mar 15 1985, 10:24 am by david harmon
- 15) protection from shape changers: ???? Not a plussed item.
- Plussing: comp.sys.mac.digest - Aug 3 1987, 10:05:57-EDT by Jeff Shulman
- LaserWriter Plussing weirdness
- zero-plussing: comp.dcom.telecom - Apr 25 1990, 6:10 pm by VLD/VMB
- ... and the one caused by the 0 operator, which has to time-out to see if you want the operator or are actually zero-plussing a call.
— Hippietrail 13:27, 2 Mar 2005 (UTC)
If plus is a verb in the example given, how on earth would you conjugate it? Which person and number is it in the example? It seems to be some type of particle to me, perhaps a conjugation, probably not a preposition. Like the numbers, maths terms don't seem to neatly fit the English part-of-speech system. — Hippietrail 13:27, 2 Mar 2005 (UTC)