Earliest Usenet uses found via Google Groups:
- stuff (noun): net.periphs - May 12 1981, 4:53 pm by sdcsvax
- The fan-fold stuff is nice because it easily bursts into pages, but the print quality is poor compared to the roll paper.
- stuffs (verb): net.jokes - Feb 1 1982, 9:55 pm by watmath
- "Got to go, got to get out of town, they all know, it's all blown open", says Artie hastly as he stuffs more shirts into his case.
- stuffing (verb): net.games - Feb 2 1982, 12:25 am by sdcarl
- When the diver is grabbing some of the treasure it's arm moves back and forth from the treasure chest to the bag it's stuffing it into.
- stuffing (noun): net.cooks - Feb 6 1982, 10:42 am by eagle
- The stuffing is chopped garlic, mozzarella (sp?), and chopped tomatoes.
- stuffed (adj): net.cooks - Mar 4 1982, 2:13 pm by genradbo
- B A K E D S T U F F E D C A R I B O U H E A R T
- stuffing (gerund): net.cooks - Mar 19 1982, 11:09 am by pur-ee
- Stuffing the developer can be a little awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it with a little practice.
- stuffed (passive verb): net.cooks - Apr 13 1982, 12:41 pm by azure
- Estimate the amount by guessing at twice the volume of the bird to be stuffed.
- stuff it (vulgar): net.misc - Jun 13 1982, 10:00 pm by watmath
- If someone calls you a computer addict, chain yourself to your terminal and tell him to stuff it.
- stuffed (past tense): net.cooks - Jul 2 1982, 8:29 pm by utzoo
- You stuffed the camel with four sheep.
- stuff's (stuff has): net.flame - Dec 6 1982, 4:29 am by mhuxi
- You Treat eaters don't count -- that stuff's got no class.
- stuff's (possessive): net.movies - Nov 4 1983, 8:41 am by Wally Dietrich
- Right Stuff's Glenn == Under Fire's Mercenary ??
- stuffed (past participle): net.religion - Jan 4 1984, 12:25 am by a
- As I say, I don't know myself that the philosophy I've stuffed in a nutshell here is how things really are.
- stuff's (stuff is): net.cooks - Jan 11 1984, 1:11 pm by Tom Chmara
- Sorry no more information on the model; all the stuff's at home.
The first use of the verb in the infinitive will take more work to find... — Hippietrail 14:16, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)