The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion. See also Wiktionary:Previously deleted entries.
Rfv-sense: A protective sleeveless garment worn over outer clothing. Not quite sure what this is getting at, which isn't covered by the other senses. (Unless it's a form of sense 1, which I just added?) Ƿidsiþ 15:58, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps a reference to life vest (redirects to life jacket). Pingku 17:24, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- The contributor could have been looking for a sense that would be suitable for ballistic vest, bulletproof vest, w:Life vest, w:Safety vest, w:Flannel vest, etc. As defined it still wouldn't encompass w:Fishing vest, ranger vest, photographer's vest, w:Scrimmage vest, which are not protective. DCDuring TALK 10:41, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- I have added a sense intended to render this rfv-sense moot. Have I succeeded? DCDuring TALK 16:37, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I reckon. Ƿidsiþ 16:46, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- If you think we should only have the multiword terms or that the wording is inadequate, you might well be right. DCDuring TALK 17:28, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
RFV failed, sense removed. Thanks for your work, DCDuring. —RuakhTALK 20:35, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- By the way, this isn't only in multiword terms — it's not hard to find hits on b.g.c. where a life-vest or bulletproof vest or blaze orange vest (what hunters wear) or the like is referred to as simply a "vest". —RuakhTALK 20:52, 28 September 2010 (UTC)