Once you've decided that a change is the best way forward:
- Check Special:Listusers to see whether your desired name is not already taken. While it is possible to hijack existing user accounts without their permission, this is undesirable and will require a special reason.
- Click add your request and explain clearly why you want to make the change, you must sign your request from your old account.
- Wait patiently for one of our bureaucrats to deal with your request.
Your old account will not exist anymore. All edits and other user data (including preferences and watchlist) from your old account will be reattributed to your new account. You can log in with your old password. A log of these changes is kept at Special:Log/renameuser and the requests are archived here.
User:Readopedia → User:EnergybenderEdit
I would prefer to use this name on all wikis. Readopedia (talk) 19:47, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
User:Project Weber → User:EfclossonEdit
As you cannot have a username that is the same as an organization's name, I would like to change my username.
- Hi. You need to log on as User:Project Weber and sign your request with ~~~~ so that we know the request is valid. Thanks. —Stephen (Talk) 18:29, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
Project Weber → efclosson7Edit
Hello. I would like to change the username because it is the name of an organization and so it does not meet wiki requirements.
User:JimDerby → User:Jim DerbyEdit
When I go back and forth between Wikipedia and Wiktionary it would be easier if I had the same user name.
Sorry to bother you; Jim
User:Musabbir035 → User:Musabbir IslamEdit
—This unsigned comment was added by Musabbir035 (talk • contribs) 10:31, 16 January 2013 (UTC).
- You don't have any contributions under the username 'Musabbir035'; so why not just create 'Musabbir Islam' as a new account? —RuakhTALK 15:13, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
User:Nikcro32 → User:Der KrommodoreEdit
I'd like to change my username to match the one used by me in the German Wikipedia. --Nikcro32 (talk) 17:07, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
XJamRastafire → XJaMEdit
I would prefer to use this name on all wikis globally. --XJamRastafire (talk) 18:26, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
User:Amer-aln7l → User:Kuwaity26Edit
- I'm changing my username in all Wikimedia sites --Amer-aln7l (talk) 11:23, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
User:ArkBlitz → User:CsolisrEdit
I've already phased out my old username in all major networks; the new one better matches my real-life name. --ArkBlitz (talk) 03:51, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
User:Meand → User:Me andEdit
I'd like to rename from "Meand" to "Me and" per my recent rename on English Wikipedia. There's SUL on the old name, but I'm waiting to finish renames on other projects before setting up SUL on the new one. Thanks! Meand (talk) 09:31, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 14:15, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'd like to make this change, please, for consistency with my main account on the English Wikipedia. Thank you! Hex (talk) 14:28, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 15:19, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Many thanks. — Scott • talk 13:35, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
User:My1xTreme → User:My1Edit
SUL Purposes see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:My1 for confirmation My1xTreme (talk) 15:12, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
User:BCG999 (SUL) → User:RandomDSdevel (SUL)Edit
Hi; I would like to have my current username changed for SUL purposes to be 'RandomDSdevel' so as to reflect the fact that I recently switched over to this username on Wikipedia because of how my old username contains my initials. Could you do that for me, please?
BCG999 (talk) 17:17, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 19:31, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot! — RandomDSdevel (talk) 12:58, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
User:Astral → User:CloudcuckoolanderEdit
So that I don't end up as Astral~enwiktionary come May 27. There doesn't seem to be anyone using the account name Cloudcuckoolander on other Wikimedia projects. It's a bit ungainly, I know, but I like it and it keeps me from having to resort to using something with random numerals. Astral (talk) 04:02, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Much appreciated! Cloudcuckoolander (talk) 23:07, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
User:AcSIR → User:ash_61117Edit
I want to change my Username as current username might reflect that I have created a page on behalf of the AcSIR (i.e. to promote it), while, I just wanted to share with the aspiring Indian researchers like me that there is this Academy which has just begun with the support of established Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
Hope to hear from you soon.
- I am not comfortable with doing this, because your account was blocked indefinitely on English Wikipedia because it appears to be mainly intended for publicity and/or promotional purposes. If you can have your username changed at w:User:AcSIR first, then we will be glad to do it here as well. —Stephen (Talk) 19:42, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
William (SUL request)Edit
User:Nowak Kowalski → User:ï¿½Edit
to match new wikipedia username Nowak Kowalski (talk) 17:23, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
User:Faizan Al-Badri → User:FaizanEdit
- Your current user name: Faizan Al-Badri (talk • contribs)
- Target name: Faizan (talk • contribs)
- Target was contacted: On Talk
- This is a SUL request; Please change my username, I am an editor from English Wikipedia, and I request usurpation here for unified login. I am a regular editor at your projects, especially Wikipedia. Faizan Al-Badri (talk) 11:43, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
User:Heathinjersey → User:TombstoneyesEdit
I used my real name and location in my username. Please change it to protect my privacy. Thank you.
- Done. But you have no edits. You could just as well have stopped using the one name and started using the other. —Stephen (Talk) 11:21, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
User:Kontos → User:Sanyi4Edit
I would like "Kontos" to be renamed to "Sanyi4", so that I can attach it to my global account. "Sanyi4" already exists. Both "Kontos" and "Sanyi4" belong to me. It is important that the current "Sanyi4" be renamed to "Sanyi4 (usurped)", not something else! Confirmation: . Thanks. -- Kontos (talk) 22:26, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
User:Helafamilystories → User:LawrenceLacksEdit
When we established this username to add information to the Henrietta Lacks entry, we did not realize the "promotional policy" user name thing. Our book is called "HeLa Family Stories," so this is a clear violation of the policy. Our apologies. Feel free to change our username to LawrenceLacks. Thank you!
- It does not matter to us here. Perhaps Wikipedia has different rules. If you want the username changed, we can do it, but it is up to you. —Stephen (Talk) 08:44, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
Migrating for WP:SUL.
User:Arunprakash.pts → User:ArunprakashEdit
Please change my username. i am looking for a global account
User:Ajl772 → User:radar33Edit
It's more in line with my internet presence. Also, I have a diff .
-- Ajl772 (talk) 21:43, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I request User:Alan usurpation for complete my SUL account. Confirmation diff. Target username (User talk:Alan) informed using standard template. Inactive since 2006 with 1 edit only. I´m not need my old account rename. Thanks in advance. --Alan.lorenzo (talk) 12:02, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 08:33, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
User:Moscowconnection → User:Moscow ConnectionEdit
I'm renaming my username on all wikis (proof) and would like to add this one to my SUL too. Please rename me, because I care for the edits I made here and I would like to keep track of them. --Moscowconnection (talk) 21:01, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
User:Lo Ximiendo to User:XimiEdit
- Note that we can only rename your en.wikt account, thereby detaching it from your global (SUL) account. To rename all those accounts and have a single SUL account again, you'd have to submit requests at all those sites. Please confirm that you're O.K. with that, and would like your en.wikt account to be renamed. —RuakhTALK 06:14, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
User:Walter Moschen → User:KobresiaEdit
I need to change my username for privacy reasons.
Thanks, Walter Moschen (talk) 16:36, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Your page on en.Wikipedia shows your name changed to DeadWood II. You have not changed your name anywhere to Kobresia. I’m not sure this is a valid request. You have no edits here (except for this request) and almost no edits anywhere. Why don’t you simply stop using your present username and start a new account under Kobresia. That would make Kobresia your sul username across all the wikis and you wouldn’t have to go to each one and make a request to change username. (see Please consider the following alternatives to a rename.) —Stephen (Talk) 16:34, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
I'm changing my username because I don't want to use my real name anymore. Following your advise, you can change my current username to DeadWood II. Thanks, Walter Moschen (talk) 23:15, 29 November 2013 (UTC)