Translation Please into Celtic writingEdit
Hi there. I really need the following phrase translated into celtic writing: "UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
Please could some one who knows how to do this respond to me as soon as possible.
Japanese to EnglishEdit
I'd like 嫁入道中 translated to English with hiragana. Also could someone tell me if namen jane (sorry if word divisions or spelling are wrong) really is Japanese for "Screw you!"?--50 Xylophone Players 18:39, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- 嫁入道中 (よめいりどうちゅう, noun) nuptial procession. I think namenjane (i.e., namerun janai-zo temae) is from 嘗める, 舐める (なめる) and means something like "don’t underestimate me". —Stephen 19:47, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Another one not in Unihan:入営...--50 Xylophone Players 15:41, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks :) Oh and I was wondering if you could tell me how to change my signature (I'm getting tired of doing it manually) --50 Xylophone Players 13:50, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
A small problem with a kanji combination...入掛. In the Unihan Database it say it means "called off" but what part of speech should I say it is?--50 Xylophone Players 15:24, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Go to "My Preferences" and one of the boxes you will see there is for "Signature". After that has been set, all you need do is type ~~~~.
- 入掛 (いれかけ, noun) suspension (said of a performance, match, etc.). —Stephen 15:27, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
I have a bunch of requests again (from a page I previously worked on and had forgotten about.*thinks out loud* seems like putting them on the requested articles page did nothing) 華人, 官人, 漢人, 客人, 後人, 工人, 私人, 旅人, 党人, 魔人, 無人. Oh and I nearly forgot don't be surprised if some of them come up as blue links when you post the translations; that will be because some of them have articles for certain dialects of Chinese but have no sections for Japanese. --50 Xylophone Players 17:19, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- 華人 (かじん, noun) I think this is a term for "Chinese people".
- 官人 (かんじん or かんにん or つかさびと, obsolete noun) low-ranking government official; public servant
- 漢人 (かんじん, noun) a Han Chinese
- 客人 (きゃくじん, noun) caller, visitor, guest, company
- 後人 (こうじん, noun) posterity, future generations
- 工人 (こうじん, noun) workman, laborer, craftsman, artisan
- 私人 (しじん or しにん, noun) private individual
- 旅人 (たびびと or たびにん or りょじん, noun) traveler
- 党人 (とうじん, noun) a party man, member of the party, partisan
- 魔人 (まじん, noun) I think this is a magician, sorcerer, conjurer
- 無人 (ぶじん or ぶにん, noun) shorthanded, lack of help; unmanned; uninhabited
- 無人 (むじん or むにん, な-adjective) shorthanded; unmanned; uninhabited. —Stephen 18:10, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks so much! :D --50 Xylophone Players 18:15, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Um... since 無人 is a -na adjective would it be okay to tag it as an adnominal and create a separate article for 無人な?--50 Xylophone Players 16:12, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yes. In fact, there is a special category for them: Category:Japanese な-na adjectives. There would need to be a link to 無人な from 無人. —Stephen 16:56, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks.--50 Xylophone Players 17:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
I'd like a translation for 入居.--50 Xylophone Players 12:03, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
No entry in Unihan for 入漁...--50 Xylophone Players 21:18, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Bring en heiEdit
I recently recieved a shirt from Switzerland during the Euro Cup and Bring en hei was on the back. If there is any knowledge of the language or meaning please contact me.
- That’s the name of a song in Schwizertitsch, a dialect of German. It means "Take it home." —Stephen 13:34, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
I need to know what "Estep" is for. I saw it in a poster. I can't find its meaning. What does it mean? What does it mean to say? Looking for your explanation. Thanks in advance.
- Estep is a surname. —Stephen 07:06, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
Italian to English, or DutchEdit
May my enemies run away from me That which nourishes me also destroys me When darkness falls may the light I hold within reveal my true beauty My angel of protection always by my side 24.06.1991 A mind so strong it sets you free.
god give me strengh —This comment was unsigned.
- Well, in English, that would be "God, give me strength." Did you have a particular language you wanted it translated into?--EncycloPetey 19:55, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
a la grdttecenie de lourdes j ai prie pour vous what dose it mean
The misspellings make it almost impossible to read. My guess is that you mean "à la grotte bénie de Lourdes, j’ai prie pour vous", which means "at the blessed grotto of Lourdes I prayed for you." —Stephen 22:50, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
English to SanskritEdit
only God can judge me
English to ArabicEdit
translate (god is the only one that can judge me) into aribic
- In Arabic, that is وحده الله يحاسبني. —Stephen 18:18, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
How do you say,"You are so beautiful",in the Khmer/Cambodian language?
- នាងស្រីស្អាតណាស់ (speaking to a younger female: neeung sray saāt nah). —Stephen 16:27, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
I would like to kiss you
is it ture that "important place" and "kiss" are described by the same charachters in Arabic
To English, or Dutch. Mallerd 16:51, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- It’s the 3rd-person singular present tense of бывать; hence: he/she/it occurs, happens, is visiting. —Stephen 17:44, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
eng. to latinEdit
Translate to HieraticEdit
Does anyone know how to tranlate the Egyptian proverb, "To speak the name of the dead is to make them live again" into Hieratic?
- Perhaps they do. However, Unicode has not yet made available the Hieratic, Demotic, and Hieroglyphic scripts, YET. Yet, as in I wish they would hurry the heck up already! :(
- Anyways, without a way of properly displaying Hieratic on the Internet, I'm not sure how it could be done. Unless, you wanted an image file of a graphical rendering of the aboverequested text.—Strabismus 03:14, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Translation-Khmer, Thai and LatinEdit
Hello, I was wondering if I could get True Spirit translated into these 3 languages Thank you !!
English to ArabicEdit
Hiya Can you please translate the following into arabic and Greek writing (for a tattoo) "Seize the day" "love will find a way" (or Love will conquer all) "Mind body and soul" "Crystal" "Florence" "Taia" (pronounced tyre) << its a maori name but dont mind the actual translation of tyre "Love peace and Harmony" Thank you soo much ...
Translation: Arabic to EnglishEdit
Can someone help me translate the following into English? Thanks.
نبغيك آندراي ونموت عليك
هادي سيدة حياتي وحبي
انت عمري وانت حياتي
تمنيت نعيش معك غير انت
I asked an arabian friend to translate this. He said it's not pure arabic. Probably it's a dialect from Maroc. Here goes:
i only want you and on your love i die
this is the lady of my life and my love
you are my soul and my whole life
i wished to live with you only you!
Vin 17:46, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
"Let it be"Edit
Could I have "Let it be" (beatles song title) translated into either Khmer or thai please.
i might be able to get it in thai but give me a couple of days ok
i was wondering if anyone knew the proper translation into Irish Gaelic of the phrase "No Regrets"
Translate to gaelicEdit
I am looking to get a tattoo with the words "We walk by faith, not by sight" in gaelic, could anyone translate for me? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
can someone translate this prayer into khmer scriptEdit
Just as the soft rains fill the streams, pour into the rivers, and join together in the oceans, so may the power of every moment of your goodness flow forth to awaken and heal all beings-- those here now, those gone before, those yet to come.
Please add the definition for CA.CRTEdit
To whom this may concern;
Please add this entry to the wikipedia: Ca.crt
- That's Perl, isn't it? Try your request at Wikibooks. I'm not sure what good commands would do here at WT.—Strabismus 03:16, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
English to LatinEdit
english to latin: no regrets
- Latin: nihil me paenitet. —Stephen 10:11, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
To thine own self be trueEdit
I want to get To thine own self be true tattooed on my left shoulder blade but i cannot find it in any other languages.PLEASE HELP!!!
Please convert English text to Japanese charactersEdit
Trust No One
- Well "trust" is 信頼, but I don't know how to get any further than that. --nwspel tork kontribz 18:34, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- 誰も信じるな (daremo shinjiru na) —Stephen 19:00, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
Thank you! :)
Translate from English to GaeilgeEdit
"Live Together And Free"
I'm trying to get a tatoo that say's "my love" in celtic writing and would like to know the correct spelling of it. Thanks for a responce if posible.