- (obsolete) To send abroad.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bailey to this entry?)
- Thou hellish Dog, Depart, or I will amand, ablegate, and send thee to some vast and horrid Desert." (R. Carpenter, Pragmatical Jesuit 64, c1660)
ablegate (plural ablegates)
- (Roman Catholicism) A representative of the pope charged with important commissions in foreign countries, one of his duties being to bring to a newly named cardinal his insignia of office.
- first-person plural present active imperative of