- I bring a shadow over something, cast a shadow on, shade or overshadow something, cover, screen.
- (especially in painting) I represent an object with light and shade, shade.
- (especially in painting) I represent something only in outline, sketch in shadow, silhouette, outline, sketch.
- I imitate, copy, counterfeit.
Conjugation of adumbro (first conjugation)
- adumbro in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879
Read in another language
This page is available in 4 languages